2.Botany Growth buds
1. Lateral buds
These plants, also known as lateral buds, are known to release about three months after planting. 1 steps – Breeding of Anthurium plants.
The duration of lateral buds varies depending on the variety.
As is currently known, lateral buds can be seen in the Rapido and Lady Jane-type extremities shortly after planting. Breeding of Anthurium plants
The flowers produced by the lateral buds are similar to the flowers of the mother plant.
In any anthurium, there is a period of release of plants native to it.
When the mother plants are removed and the plants are planted separately, more plants can be seen.
Things to do to get more lateral buds – Breeding of Anthurium plants
- A flower pot should be used for planting
- A mode of sand should be selected
- Timely fertilizer should be provided for the roots
- Cultivation medium should have the entire root system covered
- Shoots should be removed at an early stage and planted separately
Let us explain how the above points cause a large number of lateral buds. Breeding of Anthurium plants
Planting the pot
In ground cultivation, the plant grows larger, but the release of plants is minimal. Since planting is done indirectly, more plants can be obtained from the plant compared to ground cultivation.
Selection of sandy loam
The plant releases several times as many plants as it grows in sand-less mediums. The root system of Anthurium prefers a sandy texture, so it grows rapidly and plants are optimized for release.
Fertilizer should be provided at the proper time
It is essential to provide liquid fertilizer through the leaves in addition to the fertilizer provided by the roots. Only recommended fertilizer suitable for commercial anthurium cultivation should be used. Special care should be taken when providing liquid fertilizer, If it is a liquid fertilizer containing urea, Because the leaves turn yellow. The use of liquid fertilizer is not advised at present as it is easy to maintain the cultivation properly.
Cultivation method to cover the entire root system
As the plant grows taller, the cultivation medium must be relatively new, and if it is missed, it will weaken the plant.
Therefore, once every two months for growing plants Add new media..
There are several types of soil fungicides that can be used for this purpose.
- Pomarsol Forte
9 liters of concentrate, 2 tbsp
In the application of new cultivated media The apex of the plant begins It is not advisable to apply closure.
If the apex is closed, the growth of the plant is slow as new leaves are delayed.
Removing the buds early and planting them separately
Once the budding has begun, the plant will not be able to re-release the buds until the first buds have grown and the mother plant has more to do with it. At the time of planting, small plants should be planted separately to get more plants. Removing small plants will result in more plants from the parent plant and the smaller plant will grow faster.
2. Botany Growth buds
Plants obtained by stem cuttings are called growth buds. Once the plant is well developed and matured, plants can be obtained with this method. This method is suitable for obtaining plants 2 to 1/2 years after planting.
Procedure for obtaining growth buds
- The stem is well developed Select an anthurium plant
- Cut off the terminal section
- Apply a suitable disinfectant solution on the two cutting blades. (ex: Condys or pomasol )
- Repeat by planting the apical part of the plant
- Then remove the stem Use all the original scissors and cut
- Until the original cut piece is thoroughly cleaned Wash with water
- Divide the stem into two-inch pieces and drop them in the disinfectant solution.
- The apical part of the stem cut into the disinfectant solution In the potting plant itself cross section Keep Half an inch Bring to a boil.
- After six weeks, small growth buds emerge and the buds are about two inches long After lifting, remove and place in Plant it sand.
- By placing the stem in the pot You can get a few plants again.
Once the apical portion is planted separately, the remaining plants are called orbital buds. In Lady-Jane anthurium cultivation, this method can save a lot of plants. It is not advisable to plant ornamental buds until an export crop is about 2 years old Due to various infections the crops are destroyed. This method is only recommended for lady-gen varieties because they are more resistant to exporting varieties.
Here are the steps to follow
- 1. Select a mature anthurium plant that root appears above the cultivation medium.
- 2. Separate the apical portion of the plant with a sharp knife. The apical part should have at least two roots and the base part should have at least one leaf
- 3. Apply a disinfectant solution over the two cutting blades.
- 4. Repeat the apical section planting by following the planting steps.
- 5. After six weeks, many buds are seen around the base.
- 6. The plants can be removed and planted separately in another four weeks.
To obtain seeds from the anthurium plant, it should be pollinated. Seedlings produce different flowers from each other.
There may be new varieties that have not yet emerged.
Seedlings from pollinated seeds are suitable for lady-Jane cultivation but not for export.
This is because the genetic traits are different from those of the parent plants.
Flowers grown from seed cannot be exported as a standard flower.
But in the cultivation of lady-Jane, creating new varieties by pollinating them can be a fascinating experience.
Steps to be taken in pollination
1. Choose two flowering anthurium plants of high quality. There must be a sticky texture in the kemiy (one anthurium flower only). The pollen should appear in the form of white powder on the other flower (on kemi).
2. Use a soft brush and carefully collect all the pollen.
3. Collected Pollen the sticky kemi coating do.
4. Now cover the pollen-covered kemi with a transparent cellogen cover.
6. When mature, the mature seeds change color and turn yellow, and some varieties appear reddish brown.
7. Now the mature seeds must be carefully harvested.
8. Immediately immerse in a light purple Condis solution to soften the jelly-like texture around the seed (1 hour).
9. After an hour, remove the seeds and gently rinse off the seed by gently washing the jelly mold.
10. Retain a piece of pre-packaged coconut husk that has been spaced in a separate trench.
Points to be considered when preparing a piece of coconut husk for anthurium seed planting.
1. Must be clean.
2. The ends and roots should be cut off.
3. Raw coconut husk are not suitable.
4. Before planting the seeds, soak the Condis in a solution. (coconut husk).
Coconut Coir Husk
The piece of cocanut husk should be inserted into a transparent cellogen cover and hung in a shade net or in a shade plant in a shade net (Air-tight as such as). It acts as a propeller, preventing inward air from entering and outside air. If properly operated, the water vapor inside the cellogen envelope can be seen. It is not advisable to put in a place that is completely covered by sunlight or under a roof. Provide 70% – 80% shade for seedlings and 20% – 30% for light.
Occurrence of seed buds
⦁ One week after planting, the planted seeds appear green and produce a white root.
⦁ Gradually small leaves emerge and in a period of two months one or two and a half inches tall plant can be obtained.
Carefully detach this plant from the coconut husk and plant it in a small plastic container with sand.
When planting, apply a few osmocote – N plus fertilizer cubes and, once the planting is completed, apply the soil fungicide solution on the medium and place it in a shaded place on a box nest. (If you have a problem about fertilizer please send us an SMS)
After several months of planting this method A flower can be seen.
This method allows plants to be extracted from a leaf of the anthurium plant. A specially designed laboratory is needed to grow cells and grow plants on artificial media. Tissue culture plants should be brought back to normal environment once they are taken out of the laboratory (Hardening).
The advantage of tissue culture is that you can obtain a large number of plants of uniform height and propagate the latest varieties quickly. The disadvantage of this is that it will cost a lot of money in the beginning and will take a long time and the tendency of small plants to die when exposed to normal environment.